Blame it on stress or changing weather conditions or hard water as many beautiful ladies complain, which leads to hair fall.
In this blog, I will discuss on How to stop hair fall and regrow hair naturally.
Hair fall is even more stressful after the birth of your new baby. Doctors suggest that hair fall may start or increase after delivery since there are a lot of hormonal changes taking place in our bodies. I have personally experienced this, immediately after my baby was born.
But worry not, nature has gifted us with many of her natural ingredients with which we can make our own DIY home remedies that will not only reduce but stop hair fall.
How to regrow hair naturally in 3 weeks?
How to stop hair fall immediately at home for females?
What to eat to stop hair fall immediately?
How to stop hair fall for men & women naturally and regrow hair?
How to regrow hair on the bald spot fast?
How to regrow thinning hair?
Best medicine for Hair fall and regrowth?
Home remedies for hair growth and thickness?
Home remedies for hair growth and regrowth?
Are you like me who have these and many more questions!
If yes, then this blog is for you!
In this blog, I will share with you
- What causes hair fall
- Tips that will help controlling Hair fall
- Some of the natural remedies to control and Stop Hair fall
- Diet for a Healthy Haircare
- Haircare tips for healthy-looking hair
I will also be answering the above questions to your satisfaction.
Now, the reason that I am discussing causes of hair fall, Tips to control, and all other topics that I have mentioned above, rather than directly jumping into the DIY hair care recipes is that you should know how to take precautions that will help reduce Hair fall and the various reasons responsible for Hair fall so that you can take care of your hair and prevent further hair fall.
So, what are the causes of Hair Fall?
Hair Fall can be due to many reasons:
Women can suffer hormonal imbalance at any stage and age of her life. Especially after childbirth, women suffer major hormonal imbalance which leads to Hair Fall. Menopause in women is another reason that is responsible for Hair Fall.
Hair is also a part of our body and like all other body parts to function, Hair also needs nutrition like Protein, Calcium, Vitamins, Zinc and Magnesium. When these important essential nutrients are missing from our daily diet, it leads to deficiency and that leads to Hair to start falling. The deficiency of Vitamin D is another major contributor that leads to Hair fall so make sure to soak up some sun to avoid Hair Fall.
When the Thyroid glands which are in the front of our neck produces excessive or an insufficient amount of thyroid hormone, the Hair growth cycle gets impacted.
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS):
Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome suffer from a hormonal imbalance that creates higher levels of androgens than normal. This condition leads to thinning of hair.
Birth control pills:
Birth control pills are another reason that can cause hair fall. Birth control pills contain hormones that suppress ovulation that can cause hair fall. In some women, the hair fall starts when they stop taking Birth control pills. So, it’s better to consult your doctor before you start taking the birth control pills.
Stress is one big contributor to Hair fall without any second thoughts. Stress can be caused due to many reasons. The best solution is to minimize stress by making some lifestyle changes like exercising, meditating, yoga and massage.
Over-treated hair like Hair coloring, Hair Straightening, Hair curling contains harmful toxic chemicals and dyes which harm hair follicles. Most of the commercially available shampoos and conditioners contain Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) that affects the immune system and has been proven to corrode hair follicles and impede hair growth. It is always advisable to use natural shampoos for your hair.
Change in the weather conditions also leads to Hair Fall which is temporary.
Some and very important Tips for controlling Hair fall that I want to share with you
It is very important to know your hair type before you decide on the shampoo routine for your Hair. Yes, you heard it right, shampoo routine for your Hair. The shampoo routine here I mean is that you need to understand your hair type. If you have dry hair then shampooing the hair thrice a week, can make the hair extremely dry and lead to hair loss. At the same time, if your hair type is oily then you need to shampoo your hair at least twice a week to keep your hair clean and oil-free and remember clean Hair tends to break less.
Again, it is important to apply conditioner to your hair after hair wash. A good Hair conditioner works wonders for your hair. The conditioner contains Amino Acids that help lock moisture to the Hair, repair damaged hair, and helps keep it smooth and manageable.
Diet and exercise:
A balanced diet plays a crucial role in maintaining good hair health. Hair needs to be supplied with essential and vital nutrients like proteins, calcium, minerals, vitamins, and zinc. Along with a healthy diet, exercise and meditation are also required for the Hair to maintain its vitality. Exercise increases blood circulation in the Hair follicles thereby reducing Hair Loss. Meditation helps reduce stress and thereby reduce hair loss.
Exposing Hair to rigorous hair treatments like hair color, straightening, and curling of the hair causes a lot of stress to your Hair. Further use of blow dryers, curling iron rods, damages the hair follicles and leaves them brittle and weak.
Oiling the hair increases blood circulation on your scalp. Hair oil is a conditioner to your hair so ensure you oil your hair before every wash to make it less dry. Make sure you massage your hair at least 1 hour before Hair wash, cover your hair with a shower cap and wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
Now coming to the main part of this article is the Natural Remedies to Stop Hair Fall.
Natural remedies to control and Stop Hair fall:
How to stop hair fall immediately at home for females?
Home remedies for hair growth and thickness?
Home remedies for hair growth and regrowth?
I have mentioned some DIY natural remedies that you can prepare from the ingredients that are available in our kitchen, you don’t need to go out hunting for them in the grocery stores. These are the remedies that I have personally experimented with and used and believe me it works wonders.
1. Egg Mask:
If you are someone who includes Eggs in your diet then you must go for this DIY Hair Mask.
Eggs are rich in Sulphur, phosphorous, selenium, iodine, zinc, and protein, all of these helps promote Hair growth.
How to prepare Egg Hair Mask:
- Crack 1 egg in a bowl, to which add 2 Teaspoons of virgin Olive oil.
- Whisk this mixture so that they are well combined.
- Apply this Mask on wet or dry hair with the help of a color application brush from roots to the tip of the Hair.
- Wait for 20 minutes and wash with a mild shampoo.
Egg masks leave your hair nourished, shiny and soft. Use this Hair Mask once a week.
PS: The Eggshells you can clean with clear water, crush and use as compost for your plants. The calcium content present in the Eggshells provides calcium to the plants.
2. Rice water
What! You heard it right! Rice Water mask for your hair.
The daily staple of many regions, Rice contains an enormous amount of amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, this goodness saturates the water with all these amazing benefits. When you use rice water to the hair, it provides a protecting cover to your hair leaving it soft and lustrous.
How to make Rice Water:
- Gather a bowl. Use 1 cup of any organic uncooked rice. You can use white Rice, brown rice, black rice, or red rice anything that you like and available in your kitchen, just make sure you use organic Rice.
- Soak the rice with 1 and a half cups of water. Leave it to soak overnight or up to 24 hours.
- Strain this rice and save the water. PS. You can use this rice to cook your regular meal.
- Use this after every wash.
How to use Rice water:
Shampoo and condition your hair as usual and then rinse your hair with this Rice water gently massaging your Hair. Leave the Hair for 20 minutes and finally rinse with regular water
3. Coconut milk:
Coconut Milk is another important ingredient in lots of households. Coconut milk is used to prepare curries, gravies, and many other delicious desserts. The proteins and essential fats present in Coconut milk promotes Hair growth and prevent the breakage of hair shafts.
How to prepare Coconut Milk:
- Grate half coconut
- Add half a cup of water and blend it in a blender.
- Strain and use the milk directly on wet or dry hair
- Gently massage on the hair and leave it for 20 minutes
- Rinse the shampoo.
- Repeat this twice a week for better results
PS: you don’t need to discard the coconut meat. Save it and use it to prepare coconut deserts.
4. Green Tea:
A wonderful beverage for all the fitness freaks out there. If you are also a fitness freak like me I am sure you must be loving the Green Tea. But hang on! Green Tea for Hair! Yes, Green Tea can be used for Hair as well as a hair mask, and believe me you will be amazed once you see the results after using the Green Tea Mask.
Green Tea is rich in antioxidants which help boost hair growth and prevent Hair Loss.
How to prepare Green Tea Mask:
- Soak three Teabags in 2 cups of boiling water depending on the length of your hair
- Once the water cools down, pour this water over your scalp while gently massaging the scalp.
- Leave your hair for an hour and rinse with cold water.
PS: you can use the Green Tea leaves as compost for your plants.
5. Greek Yogurt and Honey:
How to prepare Greek Yogurt and Honey Mask:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of yogurt with 1 tablespoon of Honey and 4 to 5 drops of Lemon juice.
- Mix well so that to incorporate well.
- Using a dye brush apply this mixture to the scalp and the roots
- Leave this for 30 minutes and rinse with shampoo or plain water.
- Apply this once a week for better results.
6. Aloe vera:
Aloe Vera is another boon, our nature has gifted us with. Aloe Vera is an effective home remedy for Hair Loss and promotes Hair growth. It helps reduce flakes and itching problems of Hair.
- Take one stalk of Aloe Vera.
- Wash it thoroughly and be careful of the thrones on the leaves.
- Cut the thrones carefully.
- Cut the stalk from the middle and scrape out the pulp with the help of a spoon.
- Blend this pulp and apply it to the hair and roots with the help of a dye brush.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and wash with water.
- Use this mask thrice a week for better results.
7. Fenugreek Seeds:
Fenugreek seeds also known as Methi seeds are one of the most effective home remedies to stop hair fall and promote hair growth.
You can use Fenugreek seeds as a hair mask or as a Hair oil. Both works wonders and you can choose which method suits you best.
Fenugreek seeds mask:
- Soak 1 to 2 tablespoons of Fenugreek seeds in one cup of water overnight
- The next morning, grind this to a smooth paste and apply it to the roots and scalp.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and rinse it with water.
Fenugreek seeds oil:
- In a saucepan take 100 gms of coconut oil and let the oil come to boiling point.
- Add 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds to the oil
- Let the fenugreek seeds fry in the oil for 2 to 3 minutes
- Switch off the flame and let the oil cool down
- Once the oil is cooled down, pour this oil into a cleaned bottle and use it.
8. Curry Leaves:
Yes! you heard it right, Curry leaves. Curry Leaves is an Indian staple that is used in the preparation of any curry or lentil or any chutney or Sambar or Rassam. Curry leaves are found in every Indian household and used extensively in all Indian dishes. It is very flavourful and aromatic.
They are rich in antioxidants and proteins and these antioxidants neutralize the free radicals and keep the hair healthy and strong.
Curry Leaves can be used as a Hair mask, Hair Tonic, and in your diet.
- Take a handful of Curry Leaves
- Blend the curry leaves into a thick paste with 2 to 3 tablespoons of yogurt.
- Apply this mask and massage your hair from roots to tips
- Leave this mixture for 45 minutes and rinse with water
How to prepare Hair Tonic:
Curry Leaves Hair tonic can be prepared by mixing Coconut Oil.
- Firstly, take a handful of Curry leaves
- Take a saucepan and pout 100 gms of virgin Coconut oil
- Heat the oil till smoky and aff the Curry leaves.
- Once the oil splutters and smoke starts, switch off the flame
- Let the oil cool down
- Pour it in the container
- Massage this oil 1 hour before wash and shampoo your hair as usual
Curry leaves in the diet:
Curry leaves can be used in the preparation of any lentils, Sambar, Rasam, or can even be consumed with buttermilk and Yogurt.
9. Onion Juice Hair Mask:
Onion contains antibacterial properties that help fight against scalp infections and the Sulphur content in it helps improve blood circulation to the hair follicles. It promotes hair growth and controls hair loss.
How to prepare Onion Hair Mask:
- Extract Onion Juice by grinding or grating the onion
- then squeeze out the juice.
- Dip a cotton ball in the onion juice and apply it to your scalp.
- Leave it on for 20 to 30 minutes and then wash it off using normal water and a mild shampoo.
- Follow this procedure once a week and see the difference.
10. Indian Gooseberry/Amla:
The Indian gooseberry also knows as amla is the storehouse of Vitamin C. One major reason for hair fall is the deficiency of vitamin C and thankfully Amla fulfills the vitamin C needs in our body. Amla has anti-inflammatory and exfoliating properties which help faster hair growth, reduces hair loss, maintain a healthy scalp and prevent premature greying of hair.
Amla can be used in two ways. You can either consume fresh amla juice every morning also at the same time you can prepare an Amla Hair mask for your hair.
How to Prepare Amla Juice:
- Cut the Amla into small pieces
- Blend it with 1 cup of water
- Strain it and consume it straight
- Drink Amla juice every morning and within a month’s time, you will see the difference in your hair and overall health.
How to prepare Amla Hair mask:
- Mix Lime juice or yogurt with the amla powder to make a paste.
- Massage it to your scalp and hair.
- Use a shower cap to cover your head so that the paste doesn’t dry out.
- Keep it for an hour and then rinse it off with normal water.
Diet for Healthy Haircare:
A healthy and nutritional diet plays a very important role in maintaining healthy hair health and overall, our health. Try and include all these food in your daily diet to maintain a healthy diet and good health.
8. Strawberries and Guavas
10. Sweet Potatoes
Haircare Tips for healthy-looking hair:
1. Regular Trimming:
Regular trimming of the hair helps remove split ends and helps promote hair growth. Hair tends to get damaged near the tips and a regular trim every six to eight weeks helps solve this issue.
Stress is a great contributor to hair loss leading to various other health-related issues. Meditation and Yoga is a great way to combat and reduce stress.
3. Avoid washing your hair with hot water:
Hot water is soothing to the skin however too much hot water damages the skin as well the hair follicles leading to breakage and weakening of the hair shafts leading to hair loss.
4. Combing wet hair:
Your grandma must have repeated to you many times in your childhood not to comb your hair while they are wet. Our hair is more fragile when they are wet and tend to break if we try to comb it while they are wet. Hence avoid combing the hair when they are wet. Also always use a wide-toothed comb and let them air-dry first and then comb your hair
5. Wearing tight hairband:
Pulling your hair too tight from the roots causes damage and hence should be avoided. It is also best to not tie your hair tight while sleeping.
Hair can fall for various reasons however if we take good care of our hair and follow a proper diet, hair fall can be controlled.
I have tried to answer most of the questions in this blog. Like and share this blog for someone who needs information. In case you want me to add more details or you have any questions, be sure to comment and I will get back to you in the shortest possible time.