Jhal Muri is a popular street food in West Bengal, Orissa and Bangladesh. Though it is originated in Bengal, it is enjoyed across India. Jhal means spicy and Muri means Puffed rice.
Dry Bhel and Churmuri are other popular variations that are enjoyed in different parts of India.
Muri is also khown as Murmura, Maramara, Pori and Kurmura.
Dry Bhel or Jhal muri is a quick snack that is made within 15 minutes
How to make jhal Muri or Dry Bhel:
- Wash and chop Onions, Tomatoes, cucumber, raw mango and green chilies (skip green chilles when you are making for children).
- Chop boiled potatoes. The potatoes should be firm and not mushy.
- Add Cumin powder, chaat masala, salt and red chilli powder (skip chilli powder when you are making for children).
- Add mustard oil. If you have pickle oil, add them instead of mustard oil. (you may skip this step when you are making for children)
- Add chopped coriander leaves
- Mix well and add roasted peanut(optional)
- Next add the puffer rice or Muri and mix well and
- finally add sev and serve.
Do try the Jhal Muri and comment how did you like this Jhal Muri